Garbage disposal in the kitchen is one of the most efficient appliances which every home must have. It helps in eliminating time to time garbage from your household. You can avoid a huge pile of garbage in your home, to be thrown out in the weekends. But this garbage disposal system can make a big issue if something went wrong with it. Any repair will cost you a lot of bucks. A garbage disposal lasts for a lifetime, without a single repair, if maintained in the proper way. Thus, you must take care of garbage disposal regularly to keep it functioning.
Cleaning of garbage disposal To maintain good health of garbage disposal, you must clean it regularly. First turn off the disposal, while the cleaning process is done. If some big objects get stuck into the disposal, then you must physically remove it. You should not put your hand, inside the disposal. Use sticks, tongs or piles to get things out. Here are some home tricks to clean garbage disposal
- Flush out the disposal of hot water. Hot water cleans more than cold water. It wipes off loose dirt or oil accumulation inside the disposal.
- The combination of ice and salt helps to clear out the disposal system. It is the best way to remove hard waste deposition inside the disposal. Flush out two cups of ice and one cup of rock salt. The grinder blades will crush the ice; this will sharpen the blades and remove the unpleasant
- You can also free some white vinegar, into ice cubes, then put it into the waste king l-2600 garbage disposal. You can use old toothbrush or scrubs to clean it manually.
Removing Unpleasant Smell In Garbage Disposal
Most of the time, accumulation of food particles in the disposal, emits anun pleasant smell. Here are some tips for eliminating the odor.
- One or two-quarters of lemons will work the best to eliminate the odor. Other citrus fruits like oranges, grapes, lime can also work out. It leaves a pleasant smelling kitchen.
- The combination of vinegar and baking soda is a power bomb to eliminate the smell. Put two to three tablespoon of baking soda in the disposal, and then pour a cup of vinegar. Keep it for sometime. Then turn on the disposal and flush out hot water.
- Borax will also do the job, which is an alternative to vinegar.
What To Put In a Garbage Disposal?
- The primary rule is to put only bio degradable materials inside the grinder. Avoid putting sticky items or cooked recipes into the grinder. Only throw the materials which are biodegradable food items.
- Don’t turn off the grinder as soon as, you have completed throwing your wastes. The grinding process takes time. Even when the grinding noise stops, don’t turn off the grinder. Run water for few minutes then turns it off.
- Don’t not put oil or greasy materials inside the drain. This will stick it and attract more debrides, which will lead to clotting.
- One good habit is to cut food particles into small pieces before throwing them into the garbage
if you read more about how to make your garbage disposal make neat and clean then check out this best online blog about detail study of garbage disposal. This will help you how to install garbage disposal and how to make it neat and clean as well.